[Histonet] Citrate Buffer pH

Patsy Ruegg pruegg <@t> colobio.com
Wed Dec 3 12:18:36 CST 2003

Has anybody tried the AR reagents that deparaffinzed such as BioCare
Decloaker in a steamer in place of the pressure cooker?  PC is too harsh for
some of my stuff but I like using these retrieval/deparaffination reagents.
Patsy

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu]On Behalf Of
Jackie.O'Connor <@t> abbott.com
Sent: Tuesday, December 02, 2003 2:50 PM
To: Pat Flannery
Cc: Histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu;
histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: Re: [Histonet] Citrate Buffer pH

I've been using a product from Biocare, a Universal Decloaker (6.0 citrate
buffer) , which deparaffinizes during HIER in their pressure cooker
(Decloaking Chamber) - they are a very Trekkie oriented company.  It works
great - saves a bunch o' steps.  You might try contacting them for the
specifics.  I don't think about the nature of these things if they work - I
just follow along blindly . . . . . . . . .sometimes.

Jacqueline M. O'Connor HT(ASCP)
Abbott Laboratories
Global Pharmaceutical Research and Development
Discovery Chemotheraputics

Pat Flannery <pjfnefro <@t> duke.edu>
Sent by: histonet-admin <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
12/02/2003 03:00 PM