[Histonet] A question for my hospital lab peeps

Samantha Golden samantha.golden at ymail.com
Fri Feb 24 15:34:56 CST 2023

If a SLN is sent for frozen section (boo hiss) we treat as any other frozen and we typically cut two sections. If the pathologist is able to determine the lymph node is positive, we will only cut a permanent H&E once processed; we do not need to cut all the SLN levels. If the tissue appears negative on frozen then we will treat it as a routine SLN; we then cut the permanent H&E and an unstain, trim in about 100 um, cut an H&E and an unstain, trim in about 100 um and cut the final H&E. Hope this makes sense!

Samantha
Sent from my iPhone