[Histonet] Manual IHC staining help

Charles Riley criley at udel.edu
Fri Sep 23 12:44:07 CDT 2022

I have worked mostly with pre-built kits for automated platforms. I am in
the process of doing studies on rat tendons using IL-6, MMP3, Collagen I,
and CD68 antibodies.

I am purchasing all Rabbit polyclonal antibodies from
Invitrogen/ThermoScientific.

Can anyone provide me with protocols they use or suggestions as to what
other reagents/antibodies I need to buy to get good quality results (i.e.
secondary antibodies, blocking buffers, antigen retrieval methods, HRP or
streptavidin/biotin conjugates, and or chromagens)?