[Histonet] microtome blades and wax

P Sicurello patpxs at gmail.com
Fri Jan 14 08:32:36 CST 2022

Hi Jessica,

Happy Friday.

Do you use the same EM-400 paraffin for processing?  If you use different paraffins that might contribute to your sectioning problems.

If the waxes are different the tissue and the rest of the block are not one continuous unit in the "eyes" of the knife. The waxes have different properties so they cut differently because the embedding wax does not infiltrate into the tissue but wraps around it like a blanket.

I'm not sure if that's what your lab does but if it is I suggest using the same paraffin for processing and embedding.

Sincerely,

Paula Sicurello

Sent from my iPhone