[Histonet] microtome blades and wax

Piche, Jessica Jessica.Piche at wtbyhosp.org
Fri Jan 14 07:43:19 CST 2022

Good Morning,

We have been using Leica Histocore Autocut microtomes for a few months and have been having inconsistency with cutting on them. We have tried so many different blades, high and low, and have tried changing the blade angle. Nothing is a perfect fix, and we feel like we are really having to work much harder to get a great section. We were wondering what everyone else uses. I was also wondering if the wax could be an issue. We use EM-400 for embedding. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Jessica

Jessica Piche, HT(ASCP)
Waterbury Hospital Histology Laboratory