[Histonet] microtome blades and wax

Rathborne, Toni Toni.Rathborne at RWJBH.org
Fri Jan 14 08:39:55 CST 2022

Jessica,

What has Leica said about the problem? I have always found them to be responsive and able to provide suggestions. This would be especially true with a new instrument, still under warranty. We have never had any inconsistencies with our Autocut, which was purchased last spring.

Toni

NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information protected by law. It is intended only for use by the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or by reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail and the attachments, if any, and destroy any printouts.

-----Original Message-----
From: Piche, Jessica via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 8:43 AM
To: Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] microtome blades and wax

*** This is an External Email ***

Good Morning,

We have been using Leica Histocore Autocut microtomes for a few months and have been having inconsistency with cutting on them. We have tried so many different blades, high and low, and have tried changing the blade angle. Nothing is a perfect fix, and we feel like we are really having to work much harder to get a great section. We were wondering what everyone else uses. I was also wondering if the wax could be an issue. We use EM-400 for embedding. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Jessica

Jessica Piche, HT(ASCP)
Waterbury Hospital Histology Laboratory