[Histonet] slide printers

Rathborne, Toni Toni.Rathborne at RWJBH.org
Fri Jan 14 09:25:46 CST 2022

Jessica,

We did this successfully. At one time, our cassette printers (Leica IPC) were not interfaced either, but we were able to use Leica's software and enter the cassette identifiers, and that information was able to be saved in the bar-code, which also printed on the cassette. Patient names were not printed, only the accession number/letter.
We have the SlideMate Pro printers, and before they were interfaced, we were able to scan the barcode on our blocks and they would print the information obtained from there. The SlideMates were also able to be programmed so that the hospital name was printed at the bottom of each slide.
So it can be done, but only if your blocks are bar-coded.

Toni

NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information protected by law. It is intended only for use by the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and its attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or by reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail and the attachments, if any, and destroy any printouts.

-----Original Message-----
From: P Sicurello via Histonet <histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Friday, January 14, 2022 10:06 AM
To: Piche, Jessica <Jessica.Piche at wtbyhosp.org>
Cc: Histonet <Histonet at lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: Re: [Histonet] slide printers

*** This is an External Email ***

Hi Jessica,

Slide writers don't have to be linked to a LIS but without that you really don't save any time. All the information will be typed in manually.

On the plus side-you don't have to worry about trying to read someone's hand writing if you use a slide writer.

Sincerely,

Paula Sicurello

Sent from my iPhone