[Histonet] tissue disposal

Tony Henwood (SCHN) tony.henwood at health.nsw.gov.au
Wed Oct 13 17:15:51 CDT 2021

Hi Pam,

We have used the Milestone Tissue Safe Plus unit with Integrated Data Logger card reader to seal formalin-fixed placentas (and other specimens if needed) since 2019.
Placentas are drained of excess formalin in a chemical hood, placed into a labelled bag and sealed.

So possibly for long term storage, the Tissue Safe Plus might be worth looking at.

To save the environment, we try and re-cycle the larger plastic containers. As clean as possible but we try to not spend too much time on them.

Regards
Tony Henwood JP, MSc, BAppSc, GradDipSysAnalys, CT(ASC), FFSc(RCPA)
Principal Scientist, the Children's Hospital at Westmead
Adjunct Fellow, School of Medicine, University of Western Sydney
Tel: 612 9845 3306
Fax: 612 9845 3318
Pathology Department
the children's hospital at westmead
Cnr Hawkesbury Road and Hainsworth Street, Westmead
Locked Bag 4001, Westmead NSW 2145, AUSTRALIA