[Histonet] Water under sections

Tyrone Genade tgenade at protonmail.com
Mon Jan 25 11:25:04 CST 2021

Hello,

On Saturday, January 23, 2021 1:00 PM, <histonet-request at lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

>     In my lab, water under the sections is unique to charged slides.
> And you
>     are correct, if there is water under the section when the slides
> are heated
>     for antigen retrieval, the boiling (or at least very hot) water
> will damage
>     or entirely destroy the section.

I had this very problem and the simple solution was to bake the slides overnight at 56oC (melting temp of the wax I was working with). I would still heat on a hot plate before dewaxing. Baking at 45oC also seemed to work. Whether this would work for you would depend on the sensitivity of your epitopes to prolonged heat.

Good luck... every now and then a section would still detach during antigen retrieval.