[Histonet] Dragon

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Wed Feb 10 12:23:28 CST 2021

We were using mModal and are in transition to Voicebrook which uses Dragon as a speech recognition set up with SQ CoPath for both grossing and microscopic dictations. We have mixed user feelings, too.  Our PA who does the majority of the gross, uses it and has lots of templates preset to simplify the gross. She uses voice commands to navigate through CoPath.  She is very fast and seldom has an error.  With the pathologists, it's a bit of a mixed bag, somewhat dependent on how they embrace the technology change.  Proper installation and set up, complete with templates is key.  The use of a headset with mic seems to produce the best results as opposed to a gooseneck microphone.  I hope this helps.  Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
HNL Labs, Holy Redeemer Hospital
1648 Huntingdon Pike