[Histonet] Permanent mountant for Oil Red O

Hagon, Christopher (Health) Christopher.Hagon at act.gov.au
Sun Sep 15 22:43:00 CDT 2019

UNCLASSIFIED

Hello Histonetters,

We do Oil Red O stains on frozen section post mortem tissue, and need to find a permanent aqueous mounting medium. We used to use the Thermo-Fisher  Perm-mount, but can't seem to get it anymore. As they are looking for fat deposits, we can't use any solvent based solutions, and the only aqueous ones we've found aren't permanent. We have to send the slides off site after staining, so the chances of the coverslip moving in transport is fairly high.

Does anyone else have this issue and what did you end up using?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Hagon | Senior Scientist, Anatomical Pathology
ACT Pathology | health.act.gov.au<https://health.act.gov.au/>
Phone (02) 5124 2874