[Histonet] IHC-H&E-IHC HELP...

Curt c.tague at Pathologyarts.com
Thu Jan 3 11:05:21 CST 2019

Need help before I turn a mistake into an irreparable mistake...

We have some unstained slides that were supposed to get stained with H&E but my guy stained them with IHC. It's complicated, we received slides and a block, the block was for IHC, the unstained slides were for H&E, he inverted the process)
The point is, now the unstained slides are stained with IHC... I know we cannot destain the IHC but we can simply run and H&E over them... the real question I have is subsequent to the H&E... this pathologist generally likes to see the H&E then order IHC on them based on what he sees (we only have these few unstained slides, don't have blocks to recut)...

So the question is... if we've already run IHC, then followed that with and H&E, can we return to run IHC on the slides again? would you want to skip any pre-treatment, antigen retrieval????

I don't see this working too well myself, if they're already stained with DAB, that would be present on the second stain...

Thoughts?

Thanks for your help.

Curt

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.