[Histonet] IHC Negative reagent controls

Cayman Fleck caymanfleck at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:48:10 CST 2019

A question that came up regarding negative reagent controls for IHC...currently using Ventana i-View.  Our regular negative control goes through the standard antigen retrieval steps, like 99% of our antibodies.  However there are a small number of antibodies that require enzyme as well (Protease 1).  I've seen a number of suggestions regarding this for the negative reagent control...some say use an additional negative control protocol that includes the protease, some say to use a single negative control protocol and just include the harshest cell conditioning that any of your protocols use (so basically use the cell conditioning + protease negative control for all antibodies)...i-View is not polymer-based so we need to continue using negative controls.  Any thoughts or advice?

Frank