[Histonet] VIP issue

Joseph Saby saby_joseph_a at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 11 13:59:01 CDT 2018

 Gudrun-
Assuming this is a new issue with a recent reagent change, I suspect that the alcohol used for the clean cycle was not 100% (maybe 95%?).
The ability of your alcohol to hold the paraffin in solution is lost as the percentage of water increases.
I also expect your solvent was mostly saturated with paraffin.
Try changing your clean cycle reagents and see if the situation improves. I would do this before processing tissue again on this unit.

I hope this helps.
Joe Saby