[Histonet] VIP issue

Gudrun Lang gu.lang at gmx.at
Thu Oct 11 11:58:12 CDT 2018

Dear all!

I have a question for those, who are familiar with the VIPs from Sakura.

Last time we changed the reagenses the cleaning-ethanol (96%) was very milky
and even was full of many small particles. It was a paraffin-soup.

What is the cause for such a case?  We have been using the organic solvent
(ShellSol) for decades as xylensubstitute.

Maybe the quality has suffered and the ability of solving paraffin has
decreased. But are there other explanations? Maybe a malfunction of the
instrument?

Thanks in advance

Gudrun Lang