[Histonet] Leica ST5050 immunostainer

Eddie Martin edmartin26 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 13:25:19 CDT 2018

Dr Fleming,

If you’re insistent on automation, I would suggest a used Leica Bond Max instead.  The Leica Bond Max is most likely the most cost effective, and has the smallest footprint while also minimizing reagent waste compared to a Dako Flex or Ventana XT/Ultra.

If you are willing to do it by hand, there a few labs that I’m aware of that use Leica’s powervision  compact polymer system to stain their Melan-A’s. I’m sure it would stain a MITF just as easy.

Best,
Eddie M.

Team lead medical technologist
Histology Technical Supervisor