[Histonet] osmium tetroxide

Logan, Shannon Shannon.Logan at bellin.org
Wed Aug 29 09:49:16 CDT 2018

Osmium Tetroxide is highly toxic. Storage is an issue and working with it, you must be under a hood with eye protection. I think most (if not all) labs have banned this substance? If you do not “have” to work with this material, I would recommend avoiding it. Just my opinion, thanks…

Shannon H. Logan  B.S., HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Department

Bellin Health Memorial Hospital
744 South Webster Avenue