[Histonet] Metabisulfite rinse for PAS reaction (potassium vs sodium)

Manfre, Philip philip_manfre at merck.com
Mon Mar 6 13:01:27 CST 2017

I almost always have used SODIUM metabisulfite for any version of PAS.  I am also familiar with procedures that go straight to tap water for the pot-Schiff's rinsing, though that was from a job in my past.  I seem to remember that working fine.

Phil.

Philip Manfre, HT (ASCP)
Associate Principal Scientist
Merck Research Laboratories