[Histonet] staining samples years in formalin

Mary Lou Norman mlm11 at cornell.edu
Wed Jan 18 08:01:03 CST 2017

Dear Histonetters,
My samples have been in formalin up to 3 years and there have been complaints about poor staining. Please help me with solutions if there are any. My controls have not been in formalin as long. The complaint has been with the Alcian Blue pH2.5 and Saf O specifically.
The samples are stifles so I need to decal them also. I use formic/na citrate.
Any and all comments, suggestions are much appreciated. Thank you.
Mary Lou Norman