[Histonet] staining samples years in formalin

Gudrun Lang gu.lang at gmx.at
Fri Jan 20 08:28:39 CST 2017

Hi Mary Lou,
I think the problem is, that proteoglycanes will be solved by acids through
decal. Try EDTA decal or prolong the staining time in Alcianblue - maybe for
2 hours?
Try to decal your controls in the same manner and compare the results.
I don't think, that formalin fixation is the culprit, but long storage in
aequous solutions like formalin may influence watersoluble proteoglycans.

Gudrun