[Histonet] Colloidal Iron and PAS with and without diastase

Vickroy, James jvickroy at SpringfieldClinic.com
Thu Feb 9 14:40:23 CST 2017

I have probably asked this before but when performing the PAS stain with and without diastase I have been told you can charge two 88313's.   When performing the colloidal iron stain the place we send it to also charges us for two stains, one with omitting the colloidal iron solution.   I understand the principle in determining whether the Prussian blue staining is from  the acid mucopolysaccharides or hemosiderin.  How are others charging for this stain if they run two slides?    And do you agree that the PAS with and without can be charged twice?

Jim

Jim Vickroy
Histology Manager
Springfield Clinic, Main Campus, East Building
1025 South 6th Street
Springfield, Illinois  62703
Office:  217-528-7541, Ext. 15121
Email:  jvickroy at SpringfieldClinic.com<mailto:jvickroy at SpringfieldClinic.com>

This electronic message contains information from Springfield Clinic, LLP that may be confidential, privileged, and/or sensitive. This information is intended for the use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that disclosure, copying, distribution, or action taken on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender immediately, by electronic mail, so that arrangements may be made for the retrieval of this electronic message. Thank you.