[Histonet] Grossing HT

Tasha Fraser tfraser at olympicmedical.org
Wed Sep 28 15:04:34 CDT 2016

I was hoping to find out if anyone else has come across this problem.  I'm a HT and have been since 2006.  Our lab would now like us HT's to start grossing for the Pathologist.  As I've been doing my research I see that we are not qualified to do the grossing under the CLIA regulations.  Both HT's here at my hospital got our HT certification after online schooling through Harford Community College.  This schooling was for certification only not an AAS.  Has anyone else out there come across this or does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to get qualified to do the grossing.

Tasha Fraser, HT (ASCP)
Olympic Medical Center
Port Angeles, WA 98362
Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended individual(s) named above and may contain confidential, privileged, and/or protected information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of its contents is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this email in error. If so, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete/destroy the original and all copies of this communication. Also know that Internet e-mail is not secure. In choosing to communicate with Olympic Medical Center by email you will assume these confidentiality risks. Internet messages may become corrupted, incomplete, or may incorrectly identify the sender.