[Histonet] Movat's pentachrome

Terri Braud tbraud at holyredeemer.com
Thu Sep 1 12:43:31 CDT 2016

Just wondering why you are compelled to make all the reagents in house for the Movat's stain.  I have used the kit k042 from Poly Scientic with fabulous results (and no, I have no gain from recommending them).
Their solutions are wonderfully labeled and can be replenished individually, or by ordering the kit.  All the time you spend making and labeling and validating "homemade" would offset any cost increase from purchasing their premade solutions.  I know.  I did the math.
Just a suggestion.  Sincerely, Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory