[Histonet] Movat's pentachrome

Angela Lamberth alamberth at lji.org
Thu Sep 1 19:06:06 CDT 2016

Hi Terri,

I have used Poly Scientific kits in the past and agree that they are
fabulous. If I were still in anatomic pathology I would wholeheartedly
agree with you. However, I'm now in a research facility and the kit is
simply cost prohibitive. Fortunately, I do now have time for homemade
(a true luxury that I acknowledge is not applicable in AP). Thank you
for your suggestion. :)

PS: This is my first time replying to a post on histonet that did not
come to my email inbox. Did I do it right??

Just wondering why you are compelled to make all the reagents in house
for the Movat's stain.  I have used the kit k042 from Poly Scientic
with fabulous results (and no, I have no gain from recommending them).
Their solutions are wonderfully labeled and can be replenished
individually, or by ordering the kit.  All the time you spend making
and labeling and validating "homemade" would offset any cost increase
from purchasing their premade solutions.  I know.  I did the math.
Just a suggestion.  Sincerely, Terri

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory