[Histonet] Hourly wage for trainee in CA

Eileen Akemi Allison akemiat3377 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 10:07:34 CST 2015

Hello all my histology friends in California:
1st I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I would like to know what the hourly rate of a new histologist with a HT certification is making. I would very much appreciate this information.  We are offering a training position to a local individual who doesn't have a degree, HT or HTL certification, or recent experience (last worked in histology in 1991). I want to see if our offer of $20.00 an hour plus benefit's was out of line.  I would prefer to have a certified HT, but no one has answered our ads.

Best regards,

Akemi Allison BS, HT/HTL (ASCP)
Pathology Manager
Monterey Bay GI Consultants Laboratory