[Histonet] DIF on paraffin embedded tissue

Anatoli Gleiberman agleiberman at buffalobiolabs.com
Wed Nov 25 12:39:52 CST 2015

Rene,
For many (but not for all) antigens with proper fixation (not too long) and retrieval IF on FFPE sections works fine.
 Here is short list of what we are doing routinely: all pituitary hormones, smooth muscle actin, alpha-fetoprotein, BJP, Ki67, p65 NFkB, CD3, IgG subclasses, IgM, B220, SOD2, POU domain transcription factors. Of course, fresh frozen samples or frozen sections from formaldehyde fixed samples give much better results, but still - if you need to do it on FFPE it is possible.

Anatoli Gleiberman, PhD
Director of Histopathology
Buffalo Biolabs LLC,
73 High Street