[Histonet] RE: Old slides.

suetp918 suetp918 <@t> comcast.net
Tue Mar 10 12:31:58 CDT 2015

So we actually cut the film around the section and mount to another slide and do pretty much what wascabove mentioned placing upside downband placing on paper towel.  Actually works pretty good.
TJUH
Sue Paturzo

-------- Original message --------
From: "Gowan,Christie C" <christiecgowan <@t> dermatology.med.ufl.edu>
Date:03/09/2015  4:01 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: 'Bernice Frederick' <b-frederick <@t> northwestern.edu>, histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Old slides.

Hi Bernice,
I have found that if you flood the slide with mounting media (don't use xylene) flip the slide over onto an absorbent lab wipe and put a heavy weight with even pressure and leave for a few hours. If the slide sticks to the wipe just put a few drops of xylene to clean up the slide. You may still have some tiny bubbles but it is much better than the alternative. Good luck.
Christie Gowan