[Histonet] Removing paraffin sections from glass slides

Hugh Luk hlukey at msn.com
Tue Jun 23 21:21:08 CDT 2015

Hi Anna,

You could deparaffinize/rehydrate to 10% (or so) bleach.  Section(s) comes right off after ~1-60 minutes (or so).  Did this by accident (that was a bad day).  Deparaffinzation via Rene J Buesa's DWS (http://www.histosearch.com/ADP7HistologyWithoutXylene.pdf) method, or simply quick (20 seconds each) xylene/alcohol/water should suffice.

I don't know what bleach will do to the charge on your plus slide, but I assume you should "Clean" with acid to be useful(?).

I have been queried about reusing slides from several physicians in the past, but never been organized enough to try it.

Good luck, in whatever you are doing.
Hugh
Hawaii