[Histonet] de-waxing protocol on instruments just fact finding

Rachel M Gonzalez rachel at gbi-inc.com
Mon Jun 22 16:20:56 CDT 2015

Hi

Just beginning to look at instruments DAKO Ventana Leica. We may not have
the budget but if we do.... However talking to the sales reps have been
challenging as everything is proprietary.

This is for research consideration so we will use an open instrument? Which
instrument do you like better open?

Does  manual dewaxing affect the staining? Every rep says yes... but does
it?

What is the time for dewaxing when you start the instrument? What are the
number of steps in the protocol? What is the waste generation like more or
less than manual?

Thanks for your help.

Rachel