[Histonet] Problem with cracked paraffin blocks

Wheelock, Timothy R. twheelock <@t> mclean.harvard.edu
Fri Jan 23 11:55:12 CST 2015

Hi again  everyone:

I want to thank you all for your advice.
The consensus is that I have my new embedding center's cold plate set way too low at -14C, and that I should try raising it to around -5C to cure my cracked block problem.
I will run some test blocks over the weekend, and then embed them at this new temperature on Monday.
Otherwise my Valida embedding center is working very nicely (as did the HistoStar when I demoed it).
The cassette holding tank can accommodate a large number of brain specimens  and the controls are very easy to use.
Thanks again for your advice.
Have a great weekend.

Tim

Tim Wheelock