[Histonet] RE: embedding

Sanders, Jeanine (CDC/OID/NCEZID) jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov
Wed Jan 21 10:38:33 CST 2015

Honestly, the easiest thing I think is just don't overfill the base mold. A small amount in the bottom, then the tissue, then the cassette top and just top off enough paraffin to cover. Unless you accidentally slosh it as you are moving it to the cooling tray you will always have clean sides.

Jeanine H. Sanders
Infectious Diseases Pathology Branch
404-639-3590
jqb7 <@t> cdc.gov

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Campbell, Tasha M.
Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:12 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] embedding

Hello everyone, I was just curious if anyone had tips on how to embed without getting paraffin on the outside of the cassettes so I don't have to scrape the blocks or at least not scrape very much.  Thanks!!

Tasha Campbell, B.S.,HTL(ASCP)

Frederick Gastroenterology Associates

310 W. 9th St.

Frederick, MD 21701