[Histonet] rodent eye

Casie Phillips casie4384 <@t> gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:53:00 CST 2015

Good afternoon,

I am currently working with Lewis rats performing corneal alkali injuries
at varying strengths. Is there someone there that has prior experience
working with a rat eye and would be willing to share information on the
most effective ways to preserve, fix and cut the cornea sample.

We are interested in using the cornea without using the whole globe if
possible. For now we will be using basic H&E staining with a possibility of
immunohistochemistry at a later time. The main outcome we are looking for
is to find the presence of neutrophils in the cornea. A second objective is
to look for any damaged or newly reconstructed tissue.

I would greatly appreciate any advice relating to the type of paraffin
used, the ideal length of time to save the tissue and any assistance you
can suggest for completing this process  successfully.

Thank you for your time. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Casie Phillips
Casie4384 <@t> gmail.com