[Histonet] paraffin sectioning-dry tissue?

Caroline Miller mills <@t> 3scan.com
Thu Feb 5 08:41:06 CST 2015

Yes, exactly what Mike and Geoff said. All mouse tissue, especially liver, can be really dry and needs a 'soak'. I have left them for an hour before now but don't leave it for longer than 4 hours though because it can start to swell and de-process!

You will still only get a few non-chattery sections so be gentle. Thinner sections also help too (3-4.5). Plus low um polishing after you trim

Good luck! It is weird at first but you will get used to it!

Caroline

Sent from my iPhone