[Histonet] Maximum size of tissue for paraffin processing

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 15:04:09 CDT 2015

I am not aware of any such studies [dealing with specimen sizes] but it is a known fact since early XXth century that large specimens [such as complete brain slices] are known to be processed and yes, they require extended dehydrtaion → clearing → infiltration but not much more than usual IF the slices are thin enough, and yes, automated tissue processors can be used [I have done them for brain and whole prostates].René J.