[Histonet] Maximum size of tissue for paraffin processing

Elizabeth Chlipala liz <@t> premierlab.com
Thu Apr 9 14:44:05 CDT 2015

We processed tissues as large as elk and lion vocal cords - 2 cm x 5 cm.  You just need to adjust the time accordingly.  Very large samples we would process manually through graded alcohols and then the last absolute, xylene and paraffin would be run on the tissue processor, we have programs that range from 6 to 24 hours a station depending upon tissue size.  You can run the entire process cycle on a tissue processor its just that we did not want to hang up one of the processors for a week on one study.

Liz

Premier Laboratory, LLC
PO Box 18592
Boulder, CO 80308
(303) 682-3949 office
(303) 682-9060 fax
(303) 881-0763 cell
liz <@t> premierlab.com
www.premierlab.com

March 10, 2014 is Histotechnology Professionals Day

Ship to Address:

Premier Laboratory, LLC
1567 Skyway Drive, Unit E
Longmont, CO 80504