[Histonet] Processor malfunction - tissues not submerged ~ 9 hours

O'Donnell, Bill billodonnell <@t> catholichealth.net
Fri Jun 6 11:22:21 CDT 2014

Not since 1978. (Sorry - couldn't resist - Happy Friday!)

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Conway, Carla
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 9:15 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] Processor malfunction - tissues not submerged ~ 9 hours

Hello everyone,

When it is working correctly, our tissue processor moves a basket of tissues through 10 reagent containers. Last night it malfunctioned and suspended the tissues above the 80% ethanol container. The tissues were high and dry for ~ 9 hours (!) until I placed them into 70% ethanol this morning. I will process them next week. Has this happened to anyone else and what tissue artifacts can I expect?

Thanks very much,

Carla

Carla Conway
Histology Technician