[Histonet] Schiff : room temp or not

Rene J Buesa rjbuesa <@t> yahoo.com
Thu Jul 31 09:36:46 CDT 2014

All chemical reactions (= all histochemistry procedures) are governed by the Van't Hoff law that states that every 10ºC the speed of the reaction doubles (if it is +10ºC) or is reduced in half (if it is -10ºC) so, if you use the Schiff reagent (that has to be stored at 6-8 ºC) directly, the reaction will take longer than if the reagent is let to "warm up" to room temperature.
You can use it as you wish but if used cool the reaction will take longer and you will have to give it more time because otherwise the staining will be weaker.
René J.