[Histonet] Control block validation requirements

Long, Denise denise.long <@t> uconn.edu
Tue Jul 15 14:05:16 CDT 2014

Same inspectors advised our special stain and IHC controls should have at least two if not three different validation means (PCR, micro, serology, etc.)
Anyone out there actually doing this?
Just so you know, I've spoken with a few suppliers on control slides and they do not do this type of validation on their control material (surprise, surprise!)
Thanks,

Denise M. Long, MS, HTL (ASCP), QIHC
University of Connecticut
Dept. of Pathobiology and Veterinary Sciences
Connecticut Veterinary Medical Diagnostic Laboratory
61 N. Eagleville Road, Unit 3089
Storrs, Connecticut 06269-3089
(860) 486-0851