[Histonet] negative controls for IHC

Nancy Schmitt Nancy_Schmitt <@t> pa-ucl.com
Wed Feb 12 12:19:27 CST 2014

We also stopped running negative controls more than a year ago.

Nancy Schmitt HT, MLT(ASCP)
Histology Coordinator
United Clinical Laboratories
Dubuque, IA

From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
 Abbott, Tanya
 Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2014 12:54 PM
 To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
 Subject: [Histonet] Negative Controls for IHC

 I just read in Advance Dec 2013 that there is a possibility of laboratories utilizing fewer QC controls to cut costs? Has anyone stopped running negative controls for IHC?

 Tanya G. Abbott RT (CSMLS)
 Manager Technologist, Histology/Cytology St. Joseph Medical Center
 Reading, PA 19603-0316 ph  610-378-2635 fax 610-898-5871
 email: tanyaabbott <@t> catholichealth.ne

NOTICE: This email may contain legally privileged information. The information
is for the use of only the intended recipient(s) even if addressed
incorrectly. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
that you have received it in error and then delete it along with any
attachments. Thank you.