[Histonet] CD68 or F4/80

Bea DeBrosse-Serra BDeBrosse-Serra <@t> isisph.com
Wed Feb 12 13:02:42 CST 2014

We had success with CD68 on mouse tissue from Boster cat# PA1518. For F4/80 we use the rat anti-mouse antibody from eBioscience cat# 14-4801.

Bea

Beatrice DeBrosse-Serra HT(ASCP)QIHC
Isis Pharmaceuticals
Antisense Drug Discovery
2855 Gazelle Ct.
Carlsbad, CA 92010
760-603-2371

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Mesru T
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:10 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] CD68 or F4/80

Hi Anna,

Your subject line is F4/80 and you are asking for CD68. I thought they are different antibodies, but I may be wrong.
We have never been able to find CD68 ab that works well of FFPE mouse tissues. Recently we had success with F4/80 Rat anti-mouse Clone: BM8 from BioLegend. It only worked with citric buffer pH6 100C 10min.

We also use Iba-1 as macrophage marker on mouse FFPE tissues.

If anyone has good CD68 on FFPE mouse tissues please could you share your experiences? It will be of great help.

Hope this helps.

Mesru