[Histonet] longterm storage of tissue samples in 70% Ethanol

Kruttwig, Klaus Klaus.Kruttwig <@t> ucsf.edu
Tue Sep 17 17:52:12 CDT 2013

Dear all,

I have a question about longterm storage of histology samples and was wondering if someone can help me.
I am not sure if my current sample storage system is optimal in terms of antigen- and histology preservation. Do you think it is okay to store 4% paraformaldehyde fixated samples before paraffin embedding for approx 2-3 years in 70% EtOH at 4 degree celsius? Or do I risk a decrease in specimen quality?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Klaus

Klaus Kruttwig
Department of Cell and Tissue Biology
University of California - San Francisco
San Franscisco, CA, USA