[Histonet] Remove OCT from frozen tissue block

Paula Sicurello patpxs <@t> gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 06:14:45 CDT 2013

Hi Benoit,

You can just let the OCT thaw at room temperature then blot away the melted
OCT.  To speed up the thawing process carefully cut away as much of the OCT
as you can with a scalpel or razor blade and then let it thaw.

I hope this information is helpful.

Paula

--
Paula Sicurello, HTL (ASCP)
Supervisor, Clinical Electron Microscopy Laboratory

HIPAA Privacy Notification: This message and any accompanying documents are
covered by the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521,
and contain information intended for the specific individual (s) only. This
information is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or an
agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that you have received this document in error and that any
review, dissemination, copying or the taking of any action based on the
contents of this information is strictly prohibited . If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail, and
delete the original message.