[Histonet] Rolling of my ribbon ? Another paraffin question.

Monson, Frederick FMonson <@t> wcupa.edu
Fri Nov 15 09:07:16 CST 2013

Dear Stella,

Prior to buildings with locked windows, histologists who embedded with paraffin would fabricate, from just paraffin waxes of different hardness to match the climate of their geographic locations.  Thus,

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/artjan07/yl-para1w.html

you can fabricate your own embedment with/or without the PEG (or whatever hygroscopic agent is added to provide 'stick') to match your needs.  Most large labs will not want to do this, so perhaps adding a dehumidifier to the microtome room to adjust the humidity to the embedment.

An accompanying message will describe one of my favorite mountants that requires an extended prep.

Cheers,

Fred Monson

Frederick C. Monson, PhD
Technical Director
Center for Microanalysis and Imaging, Research and Training (CMIRT)
West Chester University of Pennsylvania
Schmucker Science South - Room SSS-024
MailDrop:  Geology-Astronomy
750 South Church Street