[Histonet] Dispenser volumes

Mark Elliott Mark.Elliott <@t> hli.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 21 22:24:16 CDT 2013

I too use the DAKO Autostainer and have for many years. My default setting is 100 ul and drop zone in the middle of the slide, however, I adjust the volume and the drop zone depending on how large the section is and where the section is on the slide in order to conserve reagents.I don't notice any difference in staining.

Mark
UBC-James Hogg Research Centre
Vancouver BC

Message: 7
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 15:53:08 +0000
From: Tiana Baskin <tfountain <@t> dsmanitoba.ca>
Subject: [Histonet] IHC Stainer Dispense volume
To: "'histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu'"

I currently use a Dako Autostainer and we are dispensing 300uL of all reagents to the slide(100uL per drop zone). I am just curious what others are dispensing and if you've noticed any difference by changing the dispense volume in regards to stain quality. Does anyone adjust for very large tissue sections (that cover the majority of the slide)?

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
 This electronic message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.  Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by unauthorized individuals is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete the original and all copies from your system.