[Histonet] Cheap digital camera microscope adapters?

Mikael Niku mikael.niku <@t> helsinki.fi
Fri Mar 22 05:59:28 CDT 2013

Hello!

I'm planning to purchase a set of digital cameras for our histology
teaching laboratory, so that the students can do their histology work by
taking microphotographs. Buying "real" microscope cameras would be too
expensive as we need quite many (and our course microscopes don't have a
camera tubus) so I'm thinking about fitting standard digital cameras in
place of the eyepiece. The microscopes are good old Olympus CH2 ones and
the cameras could be any affordable model.

If anyone can recommend a functional but affordable adapter, fitting to
a functional but affordable consumer level digital camera, please tell!

With best regards,
Mikael Niku, PhD
University of Helsinki, Finland