[Histonet] Jekyll Island April 12 - 14, 2013 Vendor Reception and other thoughts...

Zimmerman, Billie BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu
Thu Mar 21 08:18:30 CDT 2013

The vendor reception will be held Friday, April 12 from 7 - 9pm.  We will have acoustic guitar entertainment provided by Jay Sweat.  There will be a good selection of music that should please just about everyone.  I'm sending everyone the link, in case you might want to dine at the restaurant where we "discovered" Jay Sweat and Travis Thrift.  www.seajays.com<http://www.seajays.com>
It's a casual atmosphere and the food is good.  Save room for the Key Lime pie.  My suggestion is to stay away from the restaurant chains during your visit on Jekyll because you can always eat that stuff when you return home!

Here's another restaurant to try:
https://foursquare.com/v/fins-on-the-beach/4d99fa59744f370465151458
This restaurant is called Fins on the Beach.  I dined on fish tacos.  They were very good but I had eaten too many hushpuppies before I was served the entrée.  They serve a basket of hushpuppies with your drink order.  Fins has the absolute best view on the island.  This restaurant doesn't feel as casual as SeaJays but feel free to wear jeans/shorts.  (I don't think I'd wear a speedo or bikini.)

***Last word:  Don't visit Jekyll Island and plan on losing weight.  You'll be darn lucky if you don't gain a pound or two.  Just bring those sweat pants with the elastic waist.

Augusta State University and Georgia Health Sciences University have consolidated to become Georgia Regents University. Effective January 9, 2013, my email address has changed to BZIMMERM <@t> gru.edu. Please update your address book to reflect this change.