[Histonet] H&E Stainer Leica vs Sakura (Sophia Lin)

Michelle Lamphere MICHELLE.LAMPHERE <@t> childrens.com
Thu Mar 21 08:18:44 CDT 2013

I will give the Leica coverslipper some love here....we do not really have any problems.  We put the rack in and go do whatever until it is done.  I do not get air bubbles and I do not have to babysit.  Obviously, as with any piece of equipment, occasionally something goes "out" and we have to have it repaired.  But that thing has been chugging along in our lab since 2006.

On the other hand, we did have the Sakura tape coverslipper for a couple of years back in the 90's, I think (was before I got here).  Almost every one of those slides is un-usable.  The tape has warped and pulled off and pulled the tissue sections with it.  I am sure they have made improvements since then, but made the lab very leery of using the tape.

Michelle M Lamphere, HT (ASCP)
Senior Tech, Histology
Children's Medical Center
1935 Medical District Drive
Dallas, TX  75235
Office :214-456-2798
Histology: 214-456-2318
Fax:  214-456-0779

This e-mail, facsimile, or letter and any files or attachments transmitted with it contains information that is confidential and privileged. This information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) and entity(ies) to whom it is addressed. If you are the intended recipient, further disclosures are prohibited without proper authorization. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, printing, or use of this information is strictly prohibited and possibly a violation of federal or state law and regulations. If you have received this information in error, please notify Children's Medical Center Dallas immediately at 214-456-4444 or via e-mail at privacy <@t> childrens.com. Children's Medical Center Dallas and its affiliates hereby claim all applicable privileges related to this information.