[Histonet] nanodrop of DNA preps from paraffin sections

Lewis, Patrick patrick.lewis <@t> seattlechildrens.org
Tue Jul 30 18:13:27 CDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

Just out of curiosity, what sort of nanodrop values do you typically get with DNA extractions from paraffin sections.

I usually get around 100 ng/uL, depending on tissue size, and the number of churls I take. Around 80% are 100 ng to 200 ng/uL.

Rarely, I get as high as 1000 ng/uL, 0-5% of the samples I take.
Occasionally I get 10-40 ng/uL 5-15% of the samples I take.

I primarily extract from tonsil, but I have done several other tissue types.

Patrick.

I also primarily use QIAgen Mini kits.