[Histonet] RE: Process and Hold?

Donna J Emge d-emge <@t> northwestern.edu
Wed Feb 13 06:57:56 CST 2013

Tom, another idea is to set your processor to do the weekend delay hold in 70% alcohol rather than in the formalin. Then the samples will go through the formalin as usual, and stop and hold in the 70% until weekend processing as scheduled begins. Then your samples will come off on Monday morning as usual, without extra fixation, and without requiring a weekend technician. The 70% alcohol does no harm at all to your samples. We do this routinely with other tissues for IHC in our lab with great results.

Donna

Donna J. Emge, HT-ASCP
Mouse Histology and Phenotyping Core Manager
Northwestern University
Olson Building room 8-333
710 North Fairbanks Court
Chicago, IL  60611