[Histonet] RE: Process and Hold?

Margiotta-Watz, Michele MMargiotta <@t> bmhmc.org
Wed Feb 13 08:24:39 CST 2013

We do the same thing with good results!
Michele

-----Original Message-----
From: histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu [mailto:histonet-bounces <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Donna J Emge
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 7:58 AM
To: histonet <@t> lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] RE: Process and Hold?

Tom, another idea is to set your processor to do the weekend delay hold in 70% alcohol rather than in the formalin. Then the samples will go through the formalin as usual, and stop and hold in the 70% until weekend processing as scheduled begins. Then your samples will come off on Monday morning as usual, without extra fixation, and without requiring a weekend technician. The 70% alcohol does no harm at all to your samples. We do this routinely with other tissues for IHC in our lab with great results.

Donna

Donna J. Emge, HT-ASCP
Mouse Histology and Phenotyping Core Manager Northwestern University Olson Building room 8-333
710 North Fairbanks Court
Chicago, IL  60611
MHPL <@t> northwestern.edu
312-503-2679
DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are
are addressed.  This communication may contain material protected by
the attorney-client privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient
or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended
recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and
that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this
e-mail is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please immediately notify the sender via return e-mail or call
Brookhaven Memorial Hospital Medical Center at (631) 654-7282.